20 Jun 2012

Fabulous fashion school? nottt quite.

Semester 1 is over! it went by so fast, I didn't even realize that 3 months have passed since I last posted on here. Bad blogger. It's been great. Overwhelming but great. I've learnt so much in such little time and I'm really excited for next semester. Fashion school is not as fabulous as it may sound though. An average of 10 hours of work a day every day, and an empty wallet will back me up on this. So much to do, so much material and tools needed, so much money spent. It's less, far less than fabulous. And I love it.
There have been great ups and good old downs as with anything else in life. But the great thing is that I'm always surrounded by really fun people and we all help each other get through our extra long days.
We manage to have a little bit of fun during the time we spend in the studio. We play loud music and dance on the tables for 5 minutes and then its back to work for everyone, but those 5 minutes every now and then keep us going for the rest of the night.
Finals are over and now we're all just waiting on those results. Who's gonna make it to next semester and who's gonna cave under the pressure? We'll find out in 3 weeks. But in the meantime, we will all kick back and enjoy the holiday.
With fashion obviously comes a lot of drawing, so I've got a bit to share, all in different styles as I was encouraged to experiment so, as always, I'll leave you with some scribble(s). Let me know what you think!



2 comments:

  1. Hey Engy!
    It's Sarah...just wanted to tell you that I love your blog and think you should post more often. I can almost picture your work at an auction for multi-millionaire bidders!
    Thank you for inspiring me to start my own blog. www.fiftyshadesofsarah.tumblr.com
    Good luck to you in all that you do (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sketches! I love it!

    Welcome to my blog
    http://lavenderloafers.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete

Hello there lovely people. If you decide to leave a comment I'll make sure to get back to you here or on your own blog :)