7 Feb 2012

The wait is ALMOST finally over..

QUICK recap on the happenings in my life during the past year and a half.
  • I left school a year early after finishing year 11 and skipped year 12
  • Went to the School of Architecture in Saudi Arabia for a year -Nov 10
  • Absolutely loved it, practically aced all my projects
  • Got on the Dean's list
  • Joined a breast cancer awareness campaign by designing a bra for survivors
  • Went to NZ for the summer holiday, it was winter there, I haven't had summer all year - June 22, 2011
  • Decided to apply for Architecture in New Zealand in my last visit in July
  • Figured I may as well apply for Fashion School and go for it since I was never actually planning to be an architect after graduating from Architecture school
  • Worked on both Architecture and Fashion portfolios for 3 weeks during my holiday
  • Sent in my applications- Sep 2, 2011
  • Waited
  • Got accepted and decided to go for Fashion- Oct 14, 2011
  • Went to Egypt- Oct 20
  • Voted in the parliament elections in Egypt
  • Went out with my friends a lot in Egypt
  • Joined the s*uce competition and started making my dress- Dec16
  • Submitted my dress- dec 29
  • STILL ON HOLIDAY BTW
  • Celebrated New Years Eve with my friends, lost half of the pictures - Dec 31
  • Left for Saudi - Jan 1st, 2012
  • Waited
  • Practiced sewing and made a couple of jackets
  • Waited
  • My only Grandmother, Absolutely magnificent and inspiring woman, Passed away - Jan 14
  • -
  • -
  • Got shortlisted for s*uce competition, oh joy -.-
  • Came to Dubai with Parents to spend time with sisters - Jan 20
  • Still in Dubai
Leaving Dubai Tomorrow morning to Head to Christchurch and from Christchurch to Auckland where I will be attending university.
I must say being on holiday for this long really wasn't as great as it may sound, I hated not having things to do and maybe if I went back and did this over I would've given myself more to do, but I can't. No regrets though. I'm almost there.

My next post will probably be from New Zealand. Till then.. I leave you with Scribbles. A beautiful photo I found that I decided to draw when I was practicing realistic drawing techniques.

A beautiful photo I found that I decided to draw when I was practicing realistic drawing techniques.

Engy <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there lovely people. If you decide to leave a comment I'll make sure to get back to you here or on your own blog :)